A country marked by snow-capped mountains like the Alps, cultural diversity, rich cuisine, jaw-dropping natural beauty, and tons of adventure activities; Switzerland is indeed the paradise on earth. If you are planning for a vacation and you desire to experience the endless natural attraction this planet has in store for you, in that case, Switzerland is one country which it cannot afford to miss out on. With lush green valleys, hiking paths coupled with the exquisite quality of cheese and traditional chocolate; Switzerland has everything you look forward to as a traveler. Want to know details about your trip to Switzerland? Refer to Switzerland by Locals free ebook, to know in details about the best 111 places of this country.
If you are planning for a trip to Switzerland, in that case, you need to have your itinerary planned well in advance. There are so many different attractions in Switzerland, that it is impossible to cover them all on a single trip. Need some help? The following section would offer some useful insight.
Top Tourist Attractions in Switzerland
Here is a brief overview of some of the best tourist attractions in Switzerland which you cannot afford to miss.
- The Matterhorn: Located on the border to Italy, Matterhorn is one of the highest mountains of the Alps. On the foothill of the Matterhorn, you can find a small little village called Zermatt. This is a place where you can experience horse carriage rides, top quality Swiss cuisine, quaint chalets, and a calm and peaceful ambiance, away from the hassle and buzz of city life. It’s a perfect place for hiking in summer and skiing in winter. You would be interested to know that this is a place where motorized vehicles are not allowed.
View on the famous Matterhorn (Image: Marc Gottwald/switzerlandbylocals.com)
- Jungfraujoch: Also popular by the name of “Top of Europe”, this is one place that is going to blow your mind away. A train ride to Jungfraujoch would be an experience you are going to cherish for the rest of your life.
- Interlaken: This is a little nest land which is located between Lake Brienz and Lake Thun. This is one of the most popular summer holiday spots in Europe. With beautiful flower gardens, lush green valleys, and mountain ranges. It’s greatly located for all your day trips in the Bernese Highlands of Switzerland.
- Lucerne: If you want to experience the charm and flavor of a medieval European town, then this is the place that has it in store for you. Lucerne is famous for its music concerts and hosts an annual international music festival. Want to experience the raw flavor of European culture? This is the place to be.
- Grindelwald First: Talking about the most popular tourist destinations in Switzerland, Grindelwald First would be right at the top of the list. Located at a height of almost 2100 meters above sea level, this is a paradise for adventure lovers. If you are interested in hiking, trekking or skiing, then Grindelwald Firsthas some of the best options for you.
Grindelwald First in winter (Image: Marc Gottwald/switzerlandbylocals.com)
These are only a few of the multiple different tourist destinations that Switzerland has for you. If you are planning for a trip to this wonderful country, in that case, you need to make sure to take long vacations. The sheer natural attraction and beauty of this country attract thousands of tourists from all over the world. No wonder Switzerland is known as the paradise on earth.